Seems like Mega-this Hyper-that Integrated-this is the "in" thing now.
Carrefour strike years ago and is apparently successful till now, then came Giant.
KMart failed terribly in Tampines Century Sq.
Then, came Vivo and the word "Big" just flashes in my mind even before I went there.
Then, the very big NTUC in Amk.
Now, there is Ikea Tampines.. Big BIg BIG.
So a week later theres Courts Warehouse in tampines and a couple of weeks later, a Giant HyperMart.
Honestly, I feel quite sad for the small neighbourhood shops.
The MINImart at the block beside mine is going to face some tough competition from the Giant HYPERmart.. (lol. look at the CAPS) which is supposedly to be 1 or 2 bus stop distance away from my house and then the new NTUC which is going to replace Cold Storage at the CC. Wahs. Ke Lian.
Somehow.. it is no longer lucrative to open a shop selling stationery, furniture in heartlands. Try opening Sweettalk PaoPaoCha, Budget Lelong Shop, HairSalon, Bakeries... at least i think they're not so kelian as compared to stationery and furniture shop..... (Imagine an old grandpa holding onto an old stationery shop.. business aint good cos every student is rushing to Popular to get their stationery.. Arghs so kelian but yet i wont buy any pens from the shop cos they ll be too old and the ink would have probably dried up. Sad hor. Sigh)
---------------
Today i broke my cycle of having an activity each day. The first day after my exam I went jogging, followed by cycling.. and then jogging every evening. But today I felt so lazy..Lazy Saturday and thus "nua" my evening away..
Haha.. guess its hard to persist this an-activity-a-day cycle.
I lack discipline. Argh.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment