Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF!

Yay! Blogger's not throwing tantrums anymore. Dashboard finally looks normal tonight.

Had a rather hectic day at lab today, was standing for 6hours and did silver staining of gels today, which needed precise timing. One look at the protocol and you will get flustered that kind. Luckily everything turned out find despite occasional hiccups. My gel stained beautifully! Too bad I cant reach for my phone with the gloves on, otherwise I'd have pictures to show you.. ( Hmm..ok lar.. its just brown spots here n there on a rectangular piece of agar agar jelly.. But its beautiful because its the harvest of my hard work and many scoldings.)

2hrs of today was spent attending a PPE Lab Safety Course conducted by QSS. Is a familar course name and company when I was working in the HR department in Goodrich. Have seen this course certificate for numerous times and I have one to myself now! Did a mask-fitting test in which I was given a mask and had to adjust it until it fits nicely to my face. The trainer then placed a hood over my head and sprayed some bitter medicine and I was required to breathe in using my mouth. Apparently, if the mask was fitting enough, I would not be able to taste the bitterness. Guess what when the trainer saw me with my mask on?
"U ah.. hmm.. try ah, hope the mask can pass.." ( Is my face too small? UNLIKELY. Then, i tink my nose bridge really not high enough.)
I totally tasted the bitterness larh! The bitterness went down to my throat and the bitterness was so intense. However, in view that I will not be working such harsh conditions which require such protection, I cheated and said, " I can only taste a little bit."

Viola! I passed the mask-fitting test. Hahaha and was welcomed by a buffet reception after the course! Came just in time after I missed my lunch to do the staining.

I am so glad that the weekends are here. Stolen some B&J ice cream from the fridge just now in celebration of my good mood.

Feel the wind against your face, close your eyes. Smile and spread your arms apart. Enjoy.

No comments: