The Donut Craze
No, I dint join some queue for hours to get a dozen of donuts. I haven got the patience even IF I have all the time in the world.I wonder why DonutFactory have yet to adopt the practice of distributing queue numbers to customers. ( Perhaps the long queue is a marketing tactic? )I have read blog entries saying how precious the donuts are because they are fruits of labour from long hours of queuing but nobody said they were nice to eat.. But I do say they are really nice to feast your eyes on. Are they nice to eat?
I might try. ( when the craze is over.)
On the way to school that day I saw someone carrying boxes of donuts. From some unheard shop. Here it is: Summer House Donuts Though the donuts dont look as appetising as those from Donut Factory , they look interesting too. The Summer Cream sounds good. (And look! where it is, Ang Mo Kio Hub. I say, a good host of AMK will buy and let his guests try. )
Then again,I'm not surprised if the famous Kripsy Kreme arrives in Singapore. Not
that I'm complaining if I really see a branch here. :D
Ugly
I was on my way for a jog last Friday. Saw an uncle taking 2 dogs for a walk and I saw one of the dogs poopoo-ing on the grass. He dint have a plastic bag/ newspapers with him, unlike what most dog owners would equip themselves with. I slowed down my pace and looked at them. I wanted to see what he would do and he looked at me guiltily. I thought that would do the trick and thus happily went off. But NO!, I smelt0 dog poo on my way back while walking past that patch of grass. Its dinner time and I wonder how the people at 2nd storey are going to have their dinner. I regretted not taking a few minutes of my time to try talk some sense into the uncle.
Was on the way to school that day. A handicapped was travelling alone in her automated wheelchair. I was very amazed by how capable and independent she was and admittedly gave curious looks at her high-tech wheelchair. Then I heard gossips from an auntie sitting opposite me, speculating possible reasons of the lady's disability. I heard words like : "car accident", "wheelchair bound for life" etc. Though it might be human nature to bear such thoughts, I felt that its just basic courtesy to keep this thoughts to yourself, or at least not discuss it so openly.
I'm sure the words went into the lady's ears. I wonder how she felt.
I seem to have alot to comment lately. Luckily working in labs w/o windows hasnt made me an insensitive person. ( i hope.)
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment